Sunday, September 19, 2010

Time to Breath and Time to Grow

After a few really difficult months, of bed rest to make sure I carried my 4th child to a viable term in the pregnancy and months following filled with the needs of 3 additional children, I finally feel like I have some time to breath now!

As you can see from my prior post, the Doctor told me I HAD to go on bed rest!  There were no ifs, ands or buts about it because if I didn’t, I was taking a big risk of losing this adorable little girl that I am now holding in my arms. I was actually able to make it to full term and now have a healthy baby girl who will be a year old in November.




I learned some great lessons during this time, as to what ones priorities in life are. I had to learn to put my full trust and faith in God, that He was in control and it would be His will that would be done. I also learned that husbands  can and will do many things around the house to help you out with kids, cooking and cleaning and you don’t even have to ask!  As for mother’s, well they do what mother’s always do, come running when their children need their help, even when it does mean rearranging their schedules and getting up in the early morning to get over to give you a hand. Sisters can be called upon at a moment’s notice to help with babysitting the older children so that you can make an hurried up, unscheduled but necessary doctor’s appointment.  Our loving church family was there for months. The women would take turns  helping out, fixing us complete meals, as well as anything else that we might need.

Thanks to a wonderful support group, my loving husband and mom as well as a sister nearby and our church group, they all worked together to keep me down, which was extremely hard to do since I am one of those people who is constantly on the go and am one who used to be a fastidious house cleaner and keeper upper!  It used to bug me when laundry doesn’t get done, clothes folded and put away on a regular basis or the dishes are stacked up in the sink unwashed and not even stuck into the dishwasher but not any more. Life is too short to worry about such things all the time. I’ve learned to relax and enjoy my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment